Time & Location
About the Event
Let’s support Hands On Atlanta and Scholars Academy as digital volunteers! The Scholarship Academy (TSA), a nonprofit founded by a recipient of over $200,000 in scholarships, teaches low- income and first-generation high school students how to create realistic college funding strategies. Through in-school curriculum modules, financial aid counselor trainings, and access to an innovative scholarship planning platform, The Virtual Scholarship Center, we connect students to local/state-based scholarship resources that enable them to pursue debt-free degrees.
How does this work?
- Students sign up for virtual office hours via their virtual scholarship center account
- Based on availability and interest, volunteers (you) will help students:
- Understand their Financial Award Letter
- Identify additional private aid
- Re-negotiate their financial aid packages
- Edit scholarship essays
RSVP if you're interested in helping us help students in our community!